The Forest Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization serving businesses in the greater Forest Lake Area, including Forest Lake, Wyoming, Scandia, Columbus, Stacy, Lent, and Linwood. Our membership is composed of nearly 200 local businesses.
Our Membership Commitment
The Forest Lake Area Chamber of Commerce is:
- The place to meet the people you need to know to be successful
- The trusted resource helping you build the visibility and credibility of your business in our community
- A good value for your membership investment
- A group that you enjoy being part of!
Direct Benefits of Chamber Membership
- Monthly membership breakfast/lunch with an average attendance of 40-50. Networking with a meal and informative speakers. Members receive a discounted registration rate.
- Coffee & Connections monthly FREE, facilitated referral networking group
- Membership Mixer, a quarterly opportunity to host an open house at your business promoted on your behalf by the Chamber.
- Lakes Area Women in Business made up of women business owners, women responsible for running or managing a business, and women interested in starting a business. Two monthly networking and educational events, an annual Extravaganza trade show, and special events throughout the year.
- Chamber Golf Tournament held annually in July/August – networking with a competitive edge.
- Committee participation can be a great way to network:
- Ambassadors build relationships within the business community
- Buy Local Committee encourages local patronage of member businesses
- Event Planning Committee helps plan Chamber events
- Board of Directors oversees all aspects of Chamber operation
- Chamber web site with emphasis on membership directory. Averages 20,000 visits annually. Enhanced listings and limited advertising available.
- Printed Membership Directory - distributed to all area residents each January.
- Buy Local Program, an ongoing campaign designed to highlight the importance of local patronage.
- Chamber Event Sponsorships offer the opportunity to showcase your business to fellow Chamber members in a variety of in-person and electronic means.
- Street Map of Forest Lake and surrounding communities features members and local points of interest. Several advertising options; printed bi-annually.
- Referral Service by Chamber staff who respond to requests from the general public for information about area businesses and organizations – we only refer to members!
- Membership Mailing Labels
- Business Education Day, an annual event bringing together newly hired educators in the Forest Lake area with local businesses.
- Chamber membership conveys to potential customers that a company uses good business practices and is reputable.
- Businesses who join a chamber of commerce visibly demonstrate their long-term commitment to the community.
- Consumer studies show that chamber member products and services are perceived to be better than those of competitors.
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of a chamber, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods and services from it.
- When consumers know that the local site of a national franchise is a member of a chamber, they are 40% more likely to patronize it in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of a chamber, they are 43% more likely to consider buying insurance from it.
- Source: Market Street Research, “The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce.”
Public Policy Economic Development
- Grow Minnesota Business Retention & Expansion is a program linking Chamber members with one another and key policy makers at the state and local level.
- Relationships with Economic Development Authorities – the Chamber has strong relationships with EDA’s in our service area.
- Policy advocacy at the local, county, and state levels