Our area offers a variety of attractions, year-round recreational opportunities, shopping, dining, and lodging, making it the perfect place for a day trip, a weekend stay, or as a base to explore the northern Twin Cities, scenic St. Croix Valley, and Minnesota’s Lakes Region.
A quick glance at our Calendar of Events shows that there’s always something happening here. Check out one of the state’s oldest and largest Fourth of July celebrations in Forest Lake, complete with a carnival, bingo tent, street vendors, a huge parade, spectacular fireworks and more. In addition, the area also hosts outstanding farmers markets, arts and musical events, Taco Daze in Scandia, Linwood Family Fun Day, Wyoming Stagecoach Days, Lake Fest in Forest Lake, and Columbus Fall Fest, to name just a few.
General Visitor Information:
Public Parks, Trails, and Lakes:
- Forest Lake Parks & Trails
- Scandia Parks
- Columbus Parks
- Wyoming Parks
- Carlos Avery Wildlife Management Area (Minnesota Department of Natural Resources)
- Hardwood Creek Wildlife Management Area (Minnesota Department of Natural Resources)
- Area Lakes – Minnesota DNR Lakefinder
- Hardwood Creek Regional Bike Trail (Washington County)